So last night I made another muslin with a third version of my tweaked pattern. Keep in mind it will be pulled a bit tighter around the waist due to the shirring that will be in the back. I am much happier!
Millie didn’t appreciate it when I told her a muslin was made with fabric you don’t care about. “But I love that fabric!!!” Sorry honey, I’ll save some to make something with it for you!
Anyways, I fixed it and measured it more precisely, making sure the bottom was the same width as the original so I wouldn’t have to mess with the skirt portion and making sure the darts matched up to the side seams better. I also cut away about an inch from the neckline.
Ahh, the 3 versions of the bodice pattern!
This morning I altered the back of the pattern a bit. Since I added 4 inches to the top, I had to add length to the back piece. I measured 3.5 more inches when I accounted for the seam allowance from the top being gone. I will have to add 6 more lines of shirring, which is totally okay with me. This obviously won’t be so much of an empire waist, which is good because that look is kind of hard to pull off with big knockers!
I also changed the front facing to match up with the new neckline I made. No pics of that, but that is pretty self explanatory, I think.
I didn’t have time for any actual sewing today, but I did manage to cut out all my pattern pieces and get them all ready for tomorrow. I can’t wait!
And I just wanted to add this photo, showing that even if the kids are letting me do my “thang”, the cats are forever into everything I do! I am never alone, LOL!